Friday, April 1, 2011

Toy Stove Top Template





I saw this idea on some site or other but could not download it, so I made my own. I'm not sure you can use this, but try right-clicking it and doing a 'save picture as.'

Basically, you just keep making circles in black and red and pile them on top of each other to make 'burners.' The dials are simply black circles with a white rectangle.

I printed this on photo paper because I don't have any cardstock handy. I will cut everything out and laminate it. You could cover the pieces with sticky vinyl, too. Or you could just print it right onto sticker paper.

Then what I'll do is find a box for the 'stove.' I'll glue the pieces on accordingly. I think a big shoebox would do. Then I'll pick up an inexpensive cooking set at the dollar store. The pieces can go right in the box! I think the kids at work will love this. I even have some plastic food bought on clearance a while back to 'cook.'

Just a simple little idea. I hope you like it! Makes me want to look around and see what other household appliances I can make out of little boxes!

8 comments:

  1. What a great idea. Any little kids would love that.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very creative. I am sure you can make a refrigerator to go with it. A box with a handle and maybe decorate with some "permanent" (sticker?) magnets.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hello! Thanks so much for stoppoing by my blog and commenting, too. Loved having you. Come back again soon. Susan

    ReplyDelete
  4. That's a great idea!
    Thank you for your kind comment on my blog ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Such a great idea! Thank you for stopping by my blog and for your suggestions with the sewing machine! I will totally try that :) I also loved your idea for the burlap heart!
    Veronica

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love this! Thank you very much! I printed this out and laminated it. My kids can pull it out and put it on the coffee table when they're ready to play. I'm going to look for (or create) other play mats such as a grill, etc.

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is amazingly helpful I tried so many that I couldn't use and needed them to make a stove for my sons vocabulary parade in school and now I can also fix up my little ones old play kitchen

    ReplyDelete